Michael J Content
I am a freelance content marketing writer, specializing in work for nonprofits and professional associations.
Mission & Vision
My mission is to help you explain your organization’s impact. For nonprofits, that leads to more funding, in for-profit businesses, that means more revenue.
So my vision is that you will succeed in reaching your audience, your customer.
How can we achieve this vision together?
It starts with you as the Subject Matter Expert. You are the one who knows the big picture of your business. My job is to be a kind of translator, helping you engage with the people you need to reach.
Things I Have Helped Clients Do
- Find the right data, then match it with persuasive web copy, to get scholarship funds to poor college students in Ghana.
- Access millions of potential donors with a highly readable new or updated GuideStar profile.
- Communicate the organization’s impact by taking a different look at things they had already done.
- Find the hidden marketing gems buried in the video of their events.
- Make a virtual conference better by adding a custom marketing plan, setting up an easy promotional swag giveaway, getting an expert to make an appearance, writing bonus content, building future promotions into the conference plan.
Beyond the writing, I use my skills as a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) to maintain quality and cadence.
Working in the nonprofit world, I learned the value of impact statements and data. But all that information goes to waste if you can’t make those impact examples come alive for your audience.
That’s the job of a content writer, to understand the audience and craft messages just for them.
Outside of Work
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and enjoy playing music with my girlfriend (she plays cello) and other friends. I’m lucky to have a supportive family and many helpful colleagues.
I like to walk my dog by the Bay. I love movies good and bad, from classic Film Noir to ridiculous B-movies.
Please feel free to leave a message on my Contact page.
Michael J. McMorrow, PMP